Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Pony for Christmas


At a home daycare holiday party as an Elf, an adorable red headed 7-year-old passed me this request for Santa:


Here is my response, mailed to the daycare and in an envelope addressed to Faith and sealed with wax and a Christmas Bells stamp:

Dear Faith,

Santa and I looked into your request for a pony and though you were very high on the ‘NICE’ list, I’m afraid that a pony does not qualify as a house pet according to Minnesota Animal Ordinance Laws.

Santa did not want you to be disappointed, so he has picked out a special wild pony for you that lives on Chincoteague Island off the coast of Virginia. I’ve enclosed a photo of him. He is your very own pony and you should pick a good name for him!

You can read about your pony and others like him in "Misty of Chincoteague" by M. Henry, a popular children’s book.

Have a Wonderful Christmas and Santa and I hope you enjoy your other gifts as well!

Merry Christmas,

Elf




I have the best job in the world!!

Merry Christmas !!




No comments:

Post a Comment